When you donate and shop at the The Place Thrift Store, you are supporting our Mission.
Donations are accepted Monday – Saturday (9:00 a.m – 4:00 p.m.). Please drop off in the back of the building.
Please give us a local phone number so that our driver can call and make the pickup arrangements.
Shoppers are making a difference. All funds generated from the Thrift Store support agency operations. Everyone is encouraged to come and experience one of the best thrift stores in the Metro Atlanta area. The Store has an Abundance of quality clothing and unique items providing a unique second-hand boutique atmosphere.
Hours of Operation
Thrift Store Hours
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Friday and Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Large Furniture Pick-Ups
We offer a limited courtesy pick-up service for large, in need furniture items such as sofas, love seats, bedroom suites, etc. Guidelines for this service are as follows:
• Pick-ups are only offered for Forsyth County residents and someone needs to be home to sign the receipt
• Pick-ups are scheduled after 11:30 a.m. on Tuesdays-Fridays and Saturdays. Call 678-947-8825 to schedule a pick-up. (provided we have enough volunteer help)
• Items need to be ready for pickup in a garage or a main level prior to our arrival (we are not allowed to go in a basement or on a second floor)
• Items need to be in good condition with no rips, tears, stains, in good working condition without need of repair and free of any animal hair
Items We Cannot Take for Donation
We appreciate the generosity of our community for all donations. However, because our Clients cannot afford parts or repairs and we do not have the means to repair items, we can only accept clean, usable items that are in good working condition. Due to limited capacity and limited staffing, we are unable to accommodate yard sale leftovers. Our space is limited and unfortunately we cannot afford the costs of disposing of unusable items. Thank you for understanding our limitations and supporting our mission of helping the needy. Thank you for caring and sharing – your support is greatly valued.
- On Feb. 10, 2009 a Federal law the “Consumer Products Safety Improvement Act of 2008” went into effect. The Place can no longer accept donations of certain children’s products that my contain lead or phthalates. Items intended for children 12 years of age or younger that no longer can be accepted includes toys, children’s books before 1985, children’s jewelry, children’s furniture, games, strollers, and footwear. Children’s items containing soft vinyl or plastic, buttons or zipper pulls, or metal jewelry also cannot be accepted. Bikes are not considered toys and can be accepted by The Place.
We are currently not accepting any donations of the following:
- Baby equipment: Car seats, booster seats, cribs, swing sets (due to recall)
- Carpet or padding
- Broken, damages, non-working items
- Fax machines/Printers
- Chemical, hazardous waste, paint, flammable or combustible items
- Furniture: Torn, stained, or broken
- Large appliances (except washers & dryers)
- Building materials
Check out some of the latest happenings with The Place of Forsyth Thrift Store on Facebook!
If your business is in search of new hires contact Lynn our Workforce Coordinator to reserve a table. Or if you are job hunting save this day and time to meet with companies.
Wednesday, March 7th the thrift store will open at 1:30 p.m. We have a large group of volunteers from Browns Bridge Church coming to help us make some improvements. So the store will be closed until 1:30 p.m. that day.
CBS46 has chosen The Place of Forsyth County to be the 3 Degree Guarantee Charity for the month of March! Be sure to tune in. Thank you CBS46!
Tuesday thru Saturday Winter Sale Boots, Jackets, Coats, & Winter Accessories 1/2 PRICE
This weeks sales!