Contact The Place regarding planned giving
TAX-DEFERRED RETIREMENT INCOME AND/OR ASSETS
• Avoid income tax on mandatory withdrawals.
• Keep Adjusted Gross Income down for tax purposes.
• Almost always the most tax-effective asset to give.
• Charitable income tax deduction for full market value, avoid the capital gains taxes.
• Can take some time to complete, so allow plenty of time.
• Charitable income tax deduction for full market value
• Avoid capital gains taxes
• Check, credit card, or payroll deduction
• Make The Place Of Forsyth County, Inc. the beneficiary of an life insurance policy for a simple deferred gift
• Donate an unneeded existing permanent policy for a charitable income tax deduction.
RETAINED LIFE ESTATE
• Give a residence or farm during your lifetime but retain the right to use it for the rest of your life (and/or the life of a loved one).
• Immediate charitable income tax deduction for a future gift.
• Simple provision in your will or living trust allocating specific assets or a share of your estate to charity.
• Can be helpful in reducing estate taxes improving estate liquidity.
CHARITABLE LEAD TRUST (CLT)
• “Loan” assets (and income) to charity for a term of years or for life.
• Receive accelerated income tax deduction or significant estate tax benefits.
CHARITABLE REMAINDER UNITRUST (CRU)
• Partial income tax deduction.
• Receive a percentage of the trust’s value as income every year for one or more lifetimes or a term of years.
• Customizable to meet differing objectives.
• Variable Income can grow (or shrink) depending on investment performance.
CHARITABLE GIFT ANNUITY (CGA) – DEFERRED / FLEXIBLE
• Partial income tax deduction.
• Guaranteed, fixed income for one or two people for their lifetimes.
• Income may be tax-favored.
• Payments can be deferred until you need them.
• Rates are based on the age(s) of income recipient(s), and are higher the longer you delay payments.
• Defer and/or avoid capital gains taxes when funded with appreciated securities or property.
TAX-DEFERRED RETIREMENT PLANS
• Make The Place Of Forsyth County, Inc. the beneficiary of an IRA or other tax-deferred retirement plan.
• Avoid income and estate taxes of up to 65%.
• One of the simplest and most tax effective ways to make a gift.
• Make lifetime gifts of your Required Minimum Distributions for additional tax savings and immediate impact.
GIFTS OF APPRECIATED SECURITIES
If gifting appreciated securities please consider the following:
◦ Ask your broker to inform the The Place Of Forsyth County, Inc. of your gift.
Contact The Place Of Forsyth County, Inc. and let them know your gift is being made in order that your gift be stewarded in the best possible manner.
IRA ASSETS AND INCOME
The IRA charitable rollover (Qualified Charitable Distribution, or QCD) permits those taxpayers age 70 or older to make donations of up to $100,000 directly to charitable organizations from their IRAs. The distribution to charity counts as part of your Minimum Required Distribution, and thus produces a tax savings by reducing your taxable income. The annual cap on a donor’s total combined charitable IRA rollover contributions is $100,000. Couples can contribute individually from their IRAs, resulting in potential annual gifts of up to $200,000 from one couple to their favorite charity. If you are 70 and do not itemize your deductions, a QCD will have the same tax benefit as a tax-deduction.
This information provided is not intended to be legal or tax advice. It is always advisable to consult with a qualified estate planning attorney and other professional advisors regarding your personal tax and financial situation. The Place of Forsyth will gladly work with your CPA, attorney, and advisors to develop a planned giving strategy designed to meet your goals.
CREATING A LASTING LEGACY OF CARING
THANK YOU AGAIN TO OUR LOYAL AND GENEROUS SUPPORTERS; SO MANY LIVES ARE BETTER BECAUSE OF YOU.
To learn how you can partner with The Place Of Forsyth County, Inc. in securing our community’s future for the next generation and beyond, please explore these pages and contact email@example.com or 770-887-1098.
If you have already made a gift to The Place of Forsyth County, Inc., would you please let us know? We would like to thank you and welcome you into Legacy Society. Please complete the form below or contact us at 770-887-1098, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information you share will be kept confidential and we respect any decision to remain anonymous.