The Place of Forsyth County was founded in 1975 by four Dominican Nuns. The sisters offered the residents assistance with financial needs, clothing, food and even tutoring children. Throughout our 40 years, we have been the catalyst for several agencies that had their beginnings as programs at The Place. Today we are serving the community with financial emergency assistance, clothing, food and many additional support services. In August 2015 we started a workforce development initiative in conjunction with several local agencies to help the under employed and unemployed prepare for and secure jobs. We also embraced an 8 year old service, Focus on Forsyth, which helps needy households through referrals from schools and senior center. Through our services to the community we are changing lives in Forsyth County Georgia.
The Place assists people of the Forsyth County area with essential needs and to be self-sustaining.
Our vision is to improve lives in a compassionate and collaborative manner using the resources in our community.
Accountability and Stewardship
• We maintain the highest standards in the nonprofit and business world.
• We ensure that all donations are used appropriately and to accomplish the greatest good.
• We continue our focus on sustainability and carrying out our mission with increased efficiency and effectiveness.
Compassion and Hope
• We provide an inclusive and welcoming environment for all clients.
• We review each case on an individual basis and attempt to address all needs we identify.
Dignity and Respect
• We evaluate all processes to focus on dignity to those we serve.
• We demonstrate respect by listening and offering support to our clients.
Collaboration and Coordination
• We bring resources together to transform lives in our area.
• We seek to identify gaps of needs in our community and through collaboration find creative ways to meet the needs.
Bob Shanahan, President
Joni Berto, Past President
Robert Otwell, President Elect
Mary Beth Grenner, CPA, Treasurer
Judy Vitucci, Secretary